Benenden Village Trust - Benenden Playground
In line with Government advice Benenden Playground will remain open during the current period of lockdown.
Benenden Village Trust carried out a COVID-19 playground risk assessment and would like to remind users of the measures and guidance put in place to enable the effective management of the playground to minimise COVID-19 transmission risk.
Users may only use the playground if Government rules and BVT guidance are observed.
- Do not use the playground if any family member has any signs or symptoms of Coronavirus.
- At all times social distancing should be observed.
- Adults are restricted to meeting no more than one person outside of their family or support bubble.
- Only children from the same household/support bubble, plus one other person, should play on the same piece of equipment at the same time.
- Do not overcrowd equipment.
If others are waiting to use equipment please ensure your child allows the next group to use it as soon as possible. The maximum length of stay if others are waiting to use the playground is ½ hour.
Those waiting to use the playground should wait on the Recreation Ground, observing social distancing and other current government guidance.If the playground is busy, users should consider coming back at a later time. Carers should prepare children for this possibility before visiting.
- Users/carers are encouraged to
- bring cleaning wipes, or similar, to clean equipment, particularly where there are clear touch points
- bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean hands
- cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available
- not to touch faces, put mouths on equipment or hands in mouth
- The consumption of food or drink on play equipment or in the playground area is banned.
- All litter must be taken home and disposed of.
- Younger children should be carefully supervised.
- Current government guidance states that face coverings should not be used by children under the age of 3 or those who may find it difficult to manage them correctly. Parents should be aware that wearing a face covering in a playground setting could pose an additional safety risk and should use their judgement on whether their children wear a face covering.
Benenden Village Trust will continue to carry out a weekly check of playground equipment.
Benenden Village Trust encourages all users to be patient and mindful of the needs of others.
Please follow and adhere to all and any current government advice in addition to the above.
Non-adherence to these rules and government guidance may result in the playground being closed.